The Coyote Dunes are a unique and threatened ecosystem within the playa and home to Kit Fox. Exclosures were built around these dunes 10 years ago by Friends of Nevada Wilderness volunteers to discourage vehicles from driving over the sensitive habitat. After 10 years in this harsh environment, the fences need some maintenance and repair. This project will include replacing and repairing the wooden fence using hand tools and power tools.
1) This is a single-day event - there will be no group camping or meals. Of course, you are welcome to camp on your own before or after the project (it's your public lands after all!)
2) You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the project site. No volunteers will be allowed to drive with staff members.
3) Volunteers are expected to bring all the water, food, and personal supplies you will need for your visit.
4) Do not plan to shop or use any services in Gerlach, Empire, or the Pyramid Lake Reservation.
5) Pack a lunch, bring plenty of snack, and bring at least 1.5 gallons per person per day, bring more than you think you’ll need, stay hydrated!
6) CARRY A MASK, and be prepared to wear your mask at all times, including while working or standing outdoors. Volunteers are required to have a mask and wear it while 6 ft from anyone else.
7) CAPACITY: A total of 10 people per project including leads and volunteers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
8) Because spots are limited, every participant must Sign-up individually. If your children are joining you on a project - please sign them up for the same project as you.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Black Rock Station Gerlach NV 89412
Gerlach, NV 89412
Google Map and Directions