2019 Wild Nevada Calendar
Celebrating the natural beauty and solitude of Wild Nevada!
Call for photo submissions!
Nevada wild landscape and wildlife photos
Deadline: June 1, 2018
******Please share with other photographers who might be interested.******
Amateur and professional nature photographers welcome! Friends of Nevada Wilderness publishes the Wild Nevada calendar each year to help the public appreciate and support Nevada’s beautiful public lands so we can all enjoy them for generations to come. The Wild Nevada calendar is a great venue to advertise your photographic talents and help protect Nevada’s wild lands!
The 2019 Wild Nevada calendar will need a diversity of images:
- Any wild-looking public lands in Nevada. This calendar celebrates designated wilderness areas, areas that are proposed for wilderness designations (BLM Wilderness Study Areas and Forest Service Roadless Areas), and areas with wilderness characteristics (such as BLM Lands with Wilderness Characteristics). Call us to discuss details or check out our list of wild places in Nevada by clicking here.
- Seasons (spring wildflowers, fall colors, snow scenes).
- Photos with or without people. In terms of photographs with people, we look for those enjoying/exploring Nevada’s wild landscapes (hiking, skiing, hunting, camping, etc.)
- Regional photos. We need images from across the state—north to south and east to west (especially more remote places in central, eastern and northern NV.)
- Wildlife and macro photography.
- Strong horizontal scenic, macro, or wildlife shots to fill the empty squares in each month.
- Low-resolution images are fine for initial submission (on CD, over website, via email, etc). Winning photos will need to be at least 20 MB (if you have a great shot but aren’t sure, submit it and we will follow-up with further questions.) Unedited RAW format preferred, but we’ll accept jpeg and tiff.
We only use images that highlight the natural world - no buildings, vehicles, roads, wagons, mining structures, cabins, non-native species, etc.
- Please label your files in the following protocol:
SpecificAreaName_Photographer'sName_filenumber Example: TableMountainWilderness_kkuznicki_02
Although we are unable to pay for photographs, we are proud to credit, market, and provide contact information for all photographers, to provide complimentary copies of the calendar, and to provide a receipt (the value of your time, miles, and image donation are tax-deductible.) In addition, your vision plays an important role in conserving Nevada’s wild heritage for generations to come.