Show your support of Public Lands and National Monuments at the Nevada State Legislature!
Assembly Joint Resolution 13, introduced by Assemblywoman Heidi Swank, expresses the support of the Nevada State Legislature for the enactment and use of the Antiquities Act and the designation of Basin and Range National Monument and Gold Butte National Monument in Nevada. If passed, this resolution serves as an official document that Nevadans support the use of the Antiquities Act and want to keep our National Monuments in Nevada protected. This is especially useful if our National Monuments ever came under attack - such as a threat of a repeal. Read the full bill text here.
We need to show the Nevada State Legislature that Nevadans LOVE our National Monuments and public lands!! Please try to attend this important rally in person followed by the bill hearing in Carson City.*
In front of the Legislative Building, 401 S. Carson St., Carson City, NV @ 12:30pm
Carson City: Legislative Building, 401 S. Carson St., Carson City, NV, Room 3138 @ 1:30pm
*Bring pro National Monument, Antiquities Act, Gold Butte, and Basin and Range signs. Pro Public Lands signs are great too - National Monuments are part of our great public land heritage! If you can, wear orange or gold in support of Gold Butte! We will have Gold Butte and Public Lands buttons for you to wear. For the hearing, you do not have to testify. Just sign in when you arrive at the bill hearings and note that you are attending in support of AJR13!
Take Action Before the Hearing:
- Attend our sign-making and pre-rally meet-up this Wednesday, April 3rd at our office from 4;5:30pm: http://www.nevadawilderness.org/signmaking
- Sign our petition to urge the committee members to vote YES on this bill!
- Register your support of AJR13 by going to the Nevada State Legislature website here. Under "Select Bill" find "AJR13." Under "Your View," click "For." Fill out your constituent information and click "Submit."
- Send a thank you to bill sponsor, Assemblywoman Heidi Swank: Heidi.Swank@asm.state.nv.us
- E-mail or call your State Assembly Representative. Find your representative here and click on your "Assembly District" representative name. Under their photo, you will find their contact information. Call or e-mail them and let them know you support Assembly Joint Resolution 13 and want to keep our National Monuments protected!
401 S Carson St
Carson City, NV 89701
Google Map and Directions