Spend the weekend on the Lovell Canyon trails with Friends of Nevada Wilderness! We'll be working to put up a La Madre Mountain Wilderness sign at the trailhead (similar to those you see at Trail Canyon and North Loop). We'll also be installing 4 directional trail signs about 2.5 miles up the trail where it crosses a large wash twice. Hikers frequently get lost in this area because they can't find the trail on the other side of the wash. The 4 signs we install will help hikers find their way out of the wash. While we're there, we'll also maintain the trails for future visitors.
Volunteers are invited to camp at the trailhead with us Saturday night - dutch oven dessert included - and finish up any remaining work on Sunday.
*Volunteers must be 13 year of age or older. Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.*
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and long pants.
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, lunches, dinner, and snacks for yourself.
- If you're camping: bring warm clothes, a sleeping bag, your tent, and anything you'll need to make camp for a night and stay warm.
WHAT WE'LL HAVE:
- Plenty of drinking water, hard hats, protective gear, and all the tools you'll need to help us make a difference!
- A delicious dutch oven dessert for Saturday night!
- Sunday morning coffee/hot water, tea, and oatmeal with all the fixings.