Calling all photographers. Submit your best Nevada landscape and wildlife shots to the 2014 Wild Nevada calendar.
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the Wilderness Act
Deadline: June 10, 2013
Please share with other photographers who might be interested.
Each year, Friends of Nevada Wilderness (a nonprofit organization) publishes the Wild Nevada calendar to celebrate and support Nevada’s beautiful public lands. The Wild Nevada calendar is a great venue to advertise your photographic talents and help protect Nevada’s wild and beautiful heritage.
The 2014 Wild Nevada calendar will need a diversity of images:
- Any wild-looking public lands in Nevada, especially wilderness, wilderness study areas (WSAs) and other proposed wilderness areas. This calendar celebrates designated wilderness areas, as well as areas that are proposed for wilderness designations (BLM WSAs and Forest Service roadless areas). Call us to discuss details.
- Seasons (Spring wildflowers, fall colors, snow scenes).
- Photos with and without people¾ people enjoying/exploring Nevada’s wild landscapes (hiking, skiing, hunting, etc.), or landscapes without people.
- Regional photos. We need images from across the state, especially more remote places in central, eastern and northern NV.
- Wildlife and macro photography.
- Strong horizontal scenic, macro or wildlife shots to fill the empty squares in each month.
Initial submission: Low-resolution images are fine for initial submission (on CD, over website, via email, etc). Winning photos: At least 14 inches wide at 300dpi (ends up being 25-30 megs)
Unedited RAW format preferred, but we’ll accept jpeg and tiff as well.
Friends does not pay for photos, we will proudly credit, market and provide contact information for all photographers, to provide complimentary copies of the calendar, and to provide a receipt (the value of your time, miles and image donation can be tax-deductible). Your generosity and vision help people appreciate and conserve Nevada’s wild heritage and magic light alive for generations to come. Thank you!
Submit your photos to [email protected]
Please call Brian with questions or comments. (775) 848-7783.