Join Friends of Nevada Wilderness, Friends of Black Rock-High Rock, Nevada Outdoor School, and the BLM Winnemucca for the main volunteer event of the 2021 Black Rock Rendezvous. We will be picking up trash, repairing damage from motorized vehicles, and repairing fencing which delineates routes and prevents resource damage. There will be plenty of projects for all skill levels! More details can be found below. We look forward to seeing you out there!
Spots are limited. An RSVP is required to participate.
This is just one event that makes up this year's Black Rock Rendezvous. Before the volunteer project will be a one-hour Leave-No-Trace presentation by Nevada Outdoor School's LNT master trainer (8 am to 9 am). For more info about the LNT presentation and the 2021 Rendezvous, visit BlackRockRendezvous.org
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate. It may not be appropriate for children under 10 years old. Feel free to reach out to us and discuss the difficulty of the project if you have any concerns.
What to wear/bring: Long-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved pants, sturdy shoes/boots, and a mask are required. Bring a backpack with 2 liters of water, sunscreen, snacks, and lunch. Hats and other sun-protective clothing are recommended. If you have your own leather gloves, you are encouraged to bring those, otherwise, they will be provided.
Time: Saturday, May 29th. We will begin work at 9 am and should be done around noon.
Further Details: Further details including what to bring, daily schedule, and weather-related factors will be provided to those who have RSVP'd on a date much closer to the group hike date. Plans are subject to change. We will always give as much notice as possible when this happens.
Meeting Location: The meeting location will be shared with those who RSVP plenty of time before the project. The meeting spot will not require a 4-wheel drive vehicle but will require travel on a maintained dirt road.
Contact Info: Please email or call with any questions or for further details: Chris@NevadaWilderness.org and our office phone number: 775-324-7667.
1) This is a single-day event - there will be no group camping or meals. Of course, you are welcome to camp on your own before or after the project (it's your public lands after all!)
2) You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the project site. FNW is not offering rides to volunteers at this time.
3) Volunteers are expected to bring all the water, food, and personal supplies you will need for your visit.
4) Pack a lunch, bring plenty of snacks, and bring at least 1.5 gallons per person per day, bring more than you think you’ll need, stay hydrated!
5) Masks: The State of Nevada currently does not require fully vaccinated individuals to wear a mask inside or outside, thus masks will not be required for those who are fully vaccinated. We are still encouraging participants to wear a mask while gathered 6 ft from other participants who are not part of your “family unit.”
RSVP is required to participate. Spots are limited.
For a recommended packing list, click here.
Black Rock Rendezvous COVID Safety Guidelines