- PROJECT FULL -
Two groups of volunteers will be working in the Mormon Dan area of the playa. This area has received increased use and damage lately. These two teams will be repairing fencing around sensitive dunes, restoring illegal routes, and repairing other damage to this beautiful area.
1) This is a single-day event - there will be no group camping or meals. Of course, you are welcome to camp on your own before or after the project (it's your public lands after all!)
2) You are responsible for getting yourself to and from the project site. No volunteers will be allowed to drive with staff members.
3) Volunteers are expected to bring all the water, food, and personal supplies you will need for your visit.
4) Do not plan to shop or use any services in Gerlach, Empire, or the Pyramid Lake Reservation.
5) Pack a lunch, bring plenty of snacks, and bring at least 1.5 gallons per person per day, bring more than you think you’ll need, stay hydrated!
6) CARRY A MASK, and be prepared to wear your mask at all times, including while working or standing outdoors. Volunteers are required to have a mask and wear it while 6 ft from anyone else.
7) CAPACITY: A total of 10 people per project including leads and volunteers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
8) Because spots are limited, every participant must Sign-up individually. If your children are joining you on a project - please sign them up for the same project as you.
Questions? Email [email protected]
Black Rock Station Gerlach NV 89412
Gerlach, NV 89412
Google Map and Directions