Friends of Nevada Wilderness and Team Red, White, & Blue are joining forces to take care of the The Cathedral Rock Trailhead and South Loop Trail! We will clear the trailhead of rocks and other trail hazards before making our way to the South Loop Trail. Along South Loop, we'll use a little elbow grease to upgrade the existing drainage structures so that they hold up longer against erosion and move water off of the trail. Water and snow flow around a trail is hugely important to prevent erosion, gulleys, and other related damage. Along the avalanche chute, we will do some brushes and clearing of natural debris left over from the numerous avalanches that move through the trail over winter.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes and long pants.
- Bring a water bottle, sunscreen, lunch, and snacks for yourself.
- If you're camping out make sure to bring warm clothes, a warm sleeping bag, your tent, and anything you'll need to make camp for a night and stay warm. Also pack dinner for Saturday and breakfast for Sunday.
WHAT WE'LL HAVE:
- Plenty of drinking water, hard hats, protective gear, and all the tools you'll need to help us make a difference!
- Snacks and extra water!
- Safety training and information on how to build and maintain a trail.
This is a public event. Team Red, White, & Blue welcomes all veterans, their family and supporters to join in on this event! Meet us at the Cathedral Rock trailhead parking lot at 8a. We will hike approximately 2-3 miles round trip. We should return to the parking lot around 1p. RSVP to attend and call or email with any additional questions. Carpool may be available from Las Vegas for a limited number of volunteers. See you there!