Join us for a weekend spent enhancing the Griffith Shadow Loop Trail! Last fall, we built the last section of Griffith Shadow, connecting it into a true loop. Griffith Shadow is on the backside of the Red Rock escarpment and provides hikers and riders an opportunity to experience the quiet of La Madre Mountain Wilderness. Be a part of the effort to take care of the places we all play!
We'll be doing trailwork on Saturday and Sunday, and camping out Saturday night. You're welcome to join us for the whole weekend or just one day. This project involves a round-trip hike of up to 5 miles. Details are subject to change.
What You'll Need:
- Sturdy closed-toe shoes, long pants, and a long-sleeved shirt for while we're working.
- A water bottle. We'll have plenty of water for refills.
- Lunches, snacks, & camping gear for yourself.
What We'll Have:
- A delicious dinner for all on Saturday night!
- Hot water, oatmeal, coffee, and more for breakfast on Sunday.
- Plenty of water and snacks.
- All of the tools, gloves, and hard hats we'll need to make a difference!
This project is possible thanks to a generous grant from the National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance
! The National Wilderness Stewardship Alliance exists to bring together the wilderness stewardship community into a growing network of volunteer-based organizations that provide stewardship for America's enduring resource of Wilderness.