America’s 640 million acres of federal public lands are the backbone of our rich outdoor heritage. However, some would like to sell off YOUR public lands to the highest bidder and close off access forever. Please join us in the continued fight to keep public lands in public hands!
The Senate Committee on Legislative Operations will hear Senate Joint Resolution 1 on Monday, March 2nd at 3:30 pm. This is a crucial moment, when grassroots action can make an enormous difference. We need to let the committee members know how strongly Nevadans feel about this issue. Please email the members of the Senate Committee on Legislative Operations and ask them to vote No on SJR 1.
Three Ways to Take Action Now
- Click HERE to email the five members of the Senate Committee on Legislative Operations and ask them to keep public lands in public hands and to vote against SJR 1
- Attend the rally hearing on March 2nd at 12:45 pm
- Stay for the hearing on March 2nd at 3pm
- Carson City – 401 S. Carson Street – Room 2144
- Las Vegas – 555 E. Washington Avenue – Room 4412E
- Elko – 1500 College Parkway – Modular Conference Room, Chilton Circle
- Register your opposition on the Legislative website by clicking this link –https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/