Wilderness needs you!
How you can help...

Books, Calendars & T's








Wilderness-managing Federal Agencies in Nevada

The federal agencies that manage wilderness in Nevada are listed below. Contact information for individual District and Field Offices (BLM) and Ranger Districts (USFS) can be found on the relevant agency's website.

Bureau of Land Management

Nevada State Office
1340 Financial Blvd., Reno, NV 89502-7147
PO Box 12000, Reno, NV 89520-0006
Phone: (775) 861-6400
Nevada BLM website (www.nv.blm.gov)
Information on Wilderness Study Areas (www.nv.blm.gov/wilderness/)

US Forest Service

Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest
1200 Franklin Way
Sparks, NV 89431
Phone: (775) 331-6444
Email: r4_h-t_fpr_comments@fs.fed.us
Humboldt-Toiyabe NF website (http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/htnf/)
Forest Plan and Wilderness Plan information (http://www.fs.fed.us/r4/htnf/projects/

US Fish and Wildlife Service

Desert National Wildlife Range
16001 Corn Creek Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89124-8402
E-mail: talktous@fws.gov
Phone: (702) 879-6110
Desert Range website (http://www.fws.gov/desertcomplex/desertrange/index.htm)

Sheldon National Wildlife Refuge
Hwy 40, 14 miles west of Denio, NV
E-mail: Brian_Day@fws.gov
Phone: (775) 941-0200
Sheldon Refuge website (http://sheldon-hartmtn.fws.gov/Sheldon/index.html)

National Park Service

website (http://www.nps.gov/state/nv/)

Great Basin National Park
website (www.nps.gov/grba)

Lake Mead National Recreation Area
website (www.nps.gov/lame)
wilderness website (http://www.nps.gov/lame/naturescience/wilderness.htm)

Death Valley National Park
website (www.nps.gov/deva)

button: click here to donate

Wild areas search:

Google our site:

Something to Ponder