South McCullough Wilderness is a remote and rugged mountain range that could use some of our attention. On National Public Lands Day one volunteer opportunity includes installing a couple posts, naturalizing disturbed areas and removing old debris from an access point near Pine Spring Road in the Southeast part of the Wilderness. This area of the Wilderness is at almost 6000 feet elevation and somewhat shaded by the Pinion Pines and Juniper Trees. It is a smaller project that requires few people and 4 wheel drive vehicles. Some carpooling opportunities are available but please contact Jesy at least two weeks before the event date, September 28th, as additional paperwork may be necessary.
Thank you for your interest in your Public Land and I hope to see you on National Public Lands Day!
What to Bring
Long pants, long sleeves, sturdy shoes, lunch, snacks, water bottle
What is Provided
Hard hat, gloves, tools, water, additional snacks
Showing 5 reactions
- Suzy Davis attended. 2013-09-30 16:57:07 -0700
- Houston Brummett attended. 2013-09-30 16:56:35 -0700
- Suzy Davis rsvped 2013-09-07 14:09:42 -0700
- Houston Brummett rsvped +1 2013-08-25 08:52:37 -0700
- Friends of Nevada Wilderness posted about SNV National Public Lands Day in South McCullough Wilderness on Friends of Nevada Wilderness' Facebook page 2013-08-25 03:00:10 -0700Please RSVP: SNV National Public Lands Day in South McCullough Wilderness