2015 Wild Nevada Calendar
Celebrating the beauty and solitude of Wild Nevada.
Call for photos * Call for photos
Nevada wild landscape and wildlife photos
Deadline: June 16, 2014
Please share with other photographers who might be interested.
Amateur and professional nature photographers welcome! Friends of Nevada Wilderness (a nonprofit organization) publishes the Wild Nevada calendar each year to help the public appreciate and support Nevada’s beautiful public lands, so we can all enjoy them for generations to come. The Wild Nevada calendar is a great venue to advertise your photographic talents and help protect Nevada’s wildlands.
The 2015 Wild Nevada calendar will need a diversity of images:
- Any wild-looking public lands in Nevada, especially wilderness, wilderness study areas (WSAs) and other proposed wilderness areas. This calendar celebrates designated wilderness areas, as well as areas that are proposed for wilderness designations (BLM WSAs and Forest Service roadless areas). Call us to discuss details.
- Seasons (spring wildflowers, fall colors, snow scenes).
- Photos with and without people—people enjoying/exploring Nevada’s wild landscapes (hiking, skiing, hunting, etc.), or landscapes without people.
- Regional photos. We need images from across the state—north to south and east to west (especially more remote places in central, eastern and northern NV.
- Wildlife and macro photography.
- Strong horizontal scenic, macro or wildlife shots to fill the empty squares in each month.
A gallery of past calendar shots is available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/friendsofnevadawilderness/WildNevadaPhotographyGallery#
Low-resolution images are fine for initial submission (on CD, over website, via email, etc). Winning photos will need to be at least 30 MB (if you have a great shot but aren’t sure if it works, submit it and we’ll see if it has the detail we need). Unedited RAW format preferred, but we’ll accept jpeg and tiff as well.
Although we cannot pay for photos, we will be proud to credit, market and provide contact information for all photographers, provide complimentary copies of the calendar, and provide a receipt (the value of your time, miles and image donation can be tax-deductible). In addition, your vision plays an important role in keeping Nevada’s wild heritage and magic light alive for generations to come.
Submit your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call Kurt with questions or comments. (775) 745-3119.